Monday, February 25, 2008

The Pointe


So, anybody who's ever been exposed to my forum posts might have noticed that I was bitten by the ballet bug (again) a little over a week ago. This happens periodically, because I've always loved ballet, and I've been wishing that I never quit for years. Alas, I fear I'll never be able to do 32 fouettés en tournant, but I still get that magical feeling of awesome every time I watch somebody else do it. So, I'm starting a wish list. This is my first item.

Gillian Murphy is graceful, precise, and a technical genius. She's actually altered the fouettés en tournant so that she doesn't kick her leg around every time. She'll spin three or four times like that. And I lurve her interpretation of Odile- cold, ruthless, and more than a little sexy.
Seriously, folks, does it get any better than black and evil swan maidens? I don't think so.

The other item on my wish list is not really for me. My beloved Doktor loves Samurai Jack, so I happened to be browsing walmart.com and found this second item. Seasons 1-3 in one shiny box set! For only fifty dollars and some small portion of my soul! You have to admit, Wal-Mart has some good deals. I wanted to get this for Christmas, but... Eh. The spirit was willing, the wallet was weak. Three months later, I'm determined to get teh Doktor a good present if it kills me! It is our six-month anniversary soon, so I must be vigilant! I must give awesome gifts! I must make him cupcakes! After all, what boyfriend does not appreciate baked sweet stuffs in tandem with shiny DVDs?

If anybody else has gift suggestions for teh Doktor, feel free to share! I plan to spoil him!

9 days 'till our six-month anniversary! My countdown to March 5th begins!

4 comments:

Flynn said...

I've got all the Samurai Jack's :P

Mayren said...

Flynn your so punky!

Herr Docktor is indeed a lucky guy.
I'm sure anything you do for him
will be greatness!

side note -
I know you like real ballet and so do I . But . what about movies with Faux ballet in it? Like "Center Stage" i thought it was cute if not realistic.

Unknown said...

OMG! Samurai Jack. I haven't seen that show in forevers!
And Swan Lake. I repeat. Erin, you totally rock. You and I should do a two person ballet. You be Odile and Odette, I'll be the Prince AND Von Rothguard! *^0^* Mwahahaaha. Seriously. It might work.
Aw, cooking for Brian DEFINITELY is the way to his heart. You could prepare a yummy Japanese dinner. I would help! Or there's always the all time favourite steak and a blowjob! But then again you can't repeat, remember the male Valentines is March 14th! [Steak and a Blowjob Day] So I dunno. Cupcakes are a good idea. Save one for me.
PS What's your email? I want to invite you to my blog.

Bunny said...

Mayren- I've never seen Center Stage. =( I guess as long as they're not making fun of ballet I wouldn't hate it.

Rose- Umm... I've had several concussions since I quit ballet, so I don't know if I'd be quite graceful enough to pull off a two-person show. What Japanese dishes do you know how to cook? Ooo! Do you know how to roll sushi?