Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wascawwy Wabbit

So, Brian pulled one over on me, today. Like, badly. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

My day started off pretty normally. Wake up to the alarm, accidentally kick the wall (and probably piss off the crazy neighbor lady), wash some dishes, etc. On Wednesdays, I usually spend a few hours at a local coffee shop called Coal Creek with the rest of the Laramie Go Club. Today was no exception. The only difference was that, today, Brian thought he might join me for lunch and try to connect with a mutual friend of ours, named Will. This friend's phone was "not working," which meant that Brian had to go to the music shop next door to rendezvous with him. (This is the first incident of my obliviousness.)

Brian and Will sauntered back into the store, at which point Brian transferred his camera to Will's keeping. (Second key bit of info that I just didn't pick up on.)

Next, Brian set down his laptop beside me, got onto the internet, and pointedly suggested that I check out one of my favorite web comics, The Black Vatican. (Third time I totally missed something.)

It should also be noted that Brian had brought the rings with him today so that he could "show everybody at Go Club." Yes, I fell for that, too. (The lame excuse brings the count up to four!)

I paused my current game to indulge Brian, and scooted over to check the web comic on his laptop... which had been left open for my use... (FIVE!)

This is what I saw:


It took a few seconds to process.

I cannot describe this moment without an obscene amount of bad poetry.

My heart was pounding like it wanted to claw its way out of my ribs, but time had long since halted. I was terrified, elated, amazed, and about to cry. When I could finally bring myself to look at him, Brian was kneeling beside me and holding an engagement ring. He asked THE question... Since my vocal cords were FULL OF FAIL at the time, I nodded.

The next few minutes were kind of a blur of grabbing Brian, crying on Brian, kissing Brian, and generally being a mess.

Yeah. He made a fool out of me. Watch it for yourself on Brian's blog! (Because I have no clue how to upload video...)

http://doksmith.blogspot.com/

I never thought that being a fool would feel so damn amazing.

2 comments:

CorianderDragon said...

So sweet that is all I can say. :)

Unknown said...

It could be worse. You knew he was going to propose sometime soon. He could have done it all super secret-like and bought a ring without you knowing or anything.
Actually wait, that's worse.
Yes, my love, you are teh dense.