Monday, March 10, 2008

Weird dreams...


Poor Hawk. This comic is actually referencing hunger-induced hallucinations during *Ramadan, but it fits the bill.

I have really, really weird dreams. I've been asked more times than I can count what kind of crack I'm on. Allow me to give some examples.

Dream #1-
My neighbor's cat turns into the dreaded Catzilla and beings rampaging around downtown Midgar*. Midgar... As in Final Fantasy 7. Yes, AVALANCHE made an appearance. Yuffie and I ended up locking Cloud and Tifa in a closet. (It wasn't iron plated or anything, but, somehow, it managed to hold them. Shinra technology at its finest!) Then Reno produced a keg of booze, and I ended up arm-wrestling with Barret. I think I won, but this was about the point where I woke up.

Dream #2- Herr Doktor and I were on a cruise ship. And we were planning to stage a hostile takeover. I don't know exactly how this was going to work, but I do remember that, if we succeeded, the ship would LEGALLY belong to us. Possession really is 9/10s of the law, ne? There was this lady cop that kept trying to bust us, and she would pop up from around corners and sneak into our room and stuffs. After some naughty action after we caught her in our room, though, she was as law-breaking and devious as we were. (Does that really work?) Alas, I woke up before I became the owner of a cruise ship.

Dream #3-
There was this wheel of cheese. And not just any wheel of cheese. It was a TALKING wheel of cheese. (As a note of interest, the cheese's voice sounded an awful lot like the car in Knight Rider.) Unfortunately, this super awesome wheel of cheese had been cut into pieces and distributed across the globe. It was my destiny to gather the pieces of cheese and SAVE THE WORLD. Don't ask me why the cheese made such a difference. It was magical. 'Nuff said.

Dream #4-
Two words- flying zombies. (I think this is what I get for falling asleep during Reefer Madness.) They were really slow, and had this funny tendency to lose bits as they flew. They ran into stuff, too. But they were still flying zombies. So Herr Doktor and I grabbed some samurai swords (better than a hot, red key card!), enough guns to start a small war, and a grenade launcher (!!) and headed for the local Wal-Mart. BV City has no mall (even in my dreams), so Wal-Mart was the obvious choice.

I'm tellin' ya, folks. WEIRD DREAMS.

And most dreams are, at the most, about fifteen-seconds long... My brain has some freaky time-shift stuff going on if I can mess around with Avalanche for several hours in the space of a few seconds.

Vocabulary
* From Wikipedia- Ramadan is a Muslim religious observance that takes place during the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, believed to be the month in which the Qur'an began to be revealed. The name "Ramadan" is taken from the name of this month; the word itself derived from an Arabic word for intense heat, scorched ground, and shortness of rations. It is considered the most venerated and blessed month of the Islamic year. Prayers, sawm (fasting), charity, and self-accountability are especially stressed at this time; religious observances associated with Ramadan are kept throughout the month.

* Midgar- If you haven't even heard of Midgar, you're pretty lame. Midgar is a gigantic, layered city that's prominently featured in Final Fantasy 7. The upper levels are built on gigantic metal plates, and feature well-made, cookie cutter houses and wealthy inhabitants. Underneath the plates lie the slums, where the houses and streets are made of spare parts and refuse. Slum life is considerably less glamorous, not to mention comfortable. It might have been meant as a political statement for the city to be designed this way. It probably takes its name from Midgard, the mortal realm from Norse Mythology.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interpretations
Dream 1 - You are playing too many video games. Stop it and go eat some sardines.
Dream 2 - You need to have sex with a girl. Now. I suggest and recommend myself. I am very tasty and I have huge boobs. As for your query...Yes. Naughty seduction works. Especially in female cops. Threesomes are very persuasive.
Dream 3 - You are in love with David Hasselhoff. Kit's window sheild wipers are evil and warping your mind to think you are dreaming about cheese...but really you are drooling about David Hasselhoff's manly and hairy chest. By way of association you are also in love with Pamela Anderson's breasts. Despite never being featured on Night Rider you wish that David Hasselhoff had her boobs. Hairy DDs.
Dream 4 - The Zombie Apocalypse is coming. I suggest you stock up on sardines and Camembert de Normandie (an excellent french cheese). I also recommend having as much sex with me as humanly possible.
End Interpretation.