Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Brace face no more!

Things I learned from the day I (finally) got my braces off-

Holding still while somebody has sharp pokies and/or a drill in your mouth is a really, REALLY good idea.

If it feels like your teeth are going to come out, don't panic. If anything, they'll stay in your jaw long enough to get cavities. Just to piss you off.

Your dentist wasn't lying when he said soda would leave stains.

People WILL try to kill you with their cars immediately after you have important dental work done.

Take pictures first thing. Your family will demand them.

It feels weird not to have a satellite array in your mouth. REALLY WEIRD.

Even the most bratty, obnoxious children can be cute for a second or two. And I quote- "I'm gonna pee outside!"

Change is scary. You'll miss the metal and the scarring and the appliances before long.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

You smile a lot more when you like your smile.

When you start something, see it though to the end. No matter what a PAIN it turns out to be.

$4,300 and five years might have been worth it.

4 comments:

Teh Dr. said...

You've always been so pretty to me, but it is wonderful to see you smile so much.

Mayren said...

Sweeet! Score on the getting the Braces off. I never had braces. I had a retainer for a bit but I convienently lost it. Are you noticing yourself talk differently, meaning how you move your lips? Alot of people who had braces still move their lips like they are still trying to avoid the metal.
Congrats on your new tooth freedom.

Unknown said...

Yay! Your smile was beautiful before but I'm glad you're so happy!

Flynn said...

w00t!
Glad you're happy hun, now how about posting one or two of those pictures so we can see your smile :)