Friday, April 4, 2008

Returning to Earth

Some thoughts from the last few weeks...

If blizzards and thunderstorms are "Nature's Fury," does that mean that Nature is always angry? Does Nature need therapy?

If someone dumps you, do they still have the right to make jokes about your fabulous ass?

If everything is coming to life in the spring, does someone have to die to balance it all out?

Customers suck. A lot.

You can miss somebody without ever knowing them.

You can miss people you knew, too.

Xiyi Zhang is hawt.

Chinese New Year is as old as (if not older than) Christianity. Why does nobody know about Chinese New Year?

I am learning to cook. The world is ENDING.

I have a Perfect Companion. Complete with sharp things.

Chinese is becoming strangely easy to speak and understand.

My retainers give me a lisp. THAT DRIVES ME NUTS.

Herr Doktor and I should have another Mad Tea Party... And we should invite the Sparkly Lady. =D

I should ignore deliberate, drunken cruelty.

I should not do something illegal just to get back at people I hate and want to kill.

Karma works really, REALLY slowly...

For some reason, my boyfriend's clothing is SOOO comfortable.

Even if I've fought with a friend, I find myself missing them.

If you tell people that you got a tattoo on April Fool's Day, they believe you. >=}

I'd forgotten what it was like to eat crunchy food.

I need more books.

I hate the new singer for Nightwish. She belongs on American Idol.

I don't want to drive to New York.

My mother's boyfriend scares the piss out of me.

Even if they're only 18, my brother and his affianced are happy together. I won't begrudge them that much.

I think my mother's losing it. (What she had for "it" to begin with, anyway.)

Underwear with skulls on it is a good purchase.

I'm going to call my nephew Imriel.

I should write a letter to Nana.

Penguins are cute. Period.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Zhang Ziyi is gorgeous. I love that woman.
Haha, we WILL have a tea party. Oh yessss.
Karma can be AGONIZINGLY slow to work it's wrath on your enemies. But it's totally worth it when it does happen.
Blizzards in April in Laramie are not rare, unfortunately.
I'm going to get onigiri molds soon. When I do, you and I need to get together and make yummy rice balls, among other foodstuffs. We are both incredibly lame about this getting together thing.

Mayren said...

love the post! i will probably steal your idea soon and post my random thoughts as well. They of course will not be as good and as composed as yours but i shall try my best.

----
I work in a Japanese/Chinese office and most of the agents are Chinese so we know about Chinese New Year every year.
It's a little late but you can still present a nice bunch of Tangarines with the stem and a few leaves to your friends as a sign of friendship. I think it's ok as long as it's still spring.

Now the office is upset that noone is in Japan right now for the Cherry blossoms. *le sigh*