Tuesday, June 3, 2008

~POOF~

You can learn a lot from trees. How to stand tall. When the seasons change. The importance of girth. But, sexual innuendo aside, trees really can be amazing. For instance-

About a week ago, nearly every tree in Laramie was bereft of leaves. Since it still snows this late in the year, it was still too risky for them to bloom. They knew this. And yet, in one week's time, every deciduous tree in this entire suck-hole has donned fresh, green raiment. Soft, shiny leaves have emerged so damn fast that I didn't even notice the transition. It was just BAM! Lookit me, I'mma leafy tree!

Don't you wish people could be like that? Ever wanted to always know what was too risky? Wanted to wait with infinite patience for the perfect opportunity? Wished you could get something done before anyone can blink? Those are skills I would kill to have. It doesn't seem fair that trees just start that way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Damn. So would I.