Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Proof

So, the world is totally ending. I have scientific, irrefutable proof of this.

I am learning to cook.

I can make cheese and spinach manicotti without a recipe. I can make pie from scratch. I can roast an entire turkey. I can make shepherd's pie, corned beef, and French Onion soup. Stews and casseroles might as well rain from the sky.

Today's accomplishment was a tasty apple tart with shortbread crust and cream cheese filling.



I used to be the person who didn't have to cook. This state of existence basically came about because of the colossal mistakes I made on a regular basis. I've messed up SOUP before. This wasn't condensed soup, either. This was open-the-can-and-stick-it-in-the-microwave soup!

So, yeah. The fact that I can make tasty dainties is obviously a sign of the coming Armageddon.

Damn, I feel accomplished!

1 comment:

CorianderDragon said...

I am glad to hear you are cooking, and that it is going so well. Good luck!